Many organizations are turning to Agile as a better way of developing software requirements.
Here’s what happens…
Management makes a plan:
- Find a suitable Agile consulting/training partner
- Send the team on a 3-day Agile training course
- Hire an expert to establish a new way of working
- Run a few initial projects through the organization
- Retain the expert to coach the people involved
- Show up physically, demonstrating visible support
- Wean expert off and handover to the project team
Management sees the results:
- Greater collaboration
- Speedier delivery
- Improved quality
- Faster ROI
Management gives pats on the back all round for a great decision.
Yet here’s the thing…
It wasn’t about the methodology, it was about people.
When management shows tender loving care, everyone will be more motivated and everything has a better chance of blooming.