(And work this in to your traditional resume too.)
- Use a recently and professionally taken head shot, that faces directly into your profile, with on-brand backgrounds.
- Write your profile in the 3rd person, as it makes it easier to communicate positions and achievements powerfully.
- Or, write your profile in the 1st person, to build personal chemistry and connection.
- Whether writing in 1st or 3rd, infuse some personal style into the professional and spell-check.
- Focus on the impact and benefits of your project delivery; don’t focus on your job description responsibilities.
- Use your name and target keywords to be found in search engines.
- List the skills and expertise that you wish to be known for.
- Request (and give) endorsements, recommendations and testimonials (give more than you get).
- Connect contact information, such as telephone, email and web addresses.
- Embed publications, presentations, videos and articles into you profiles.
- Regularly post updates and join in relevant interest groups for connection, visibility and credibility.
Now we can know about you.